locked Re: FT8 Receive Problem #FT8

Gary Rogers

For the longest time, I never needed any time sync software. I could just switch Apple time locations and it would be right on the money. But once I upgraded a while back (I forget whether it was Big Sur or the one before), I couldn’t stay synced being out well over one second. That’s when I installed chrony control and haven’t had a problem since.

On May 16, 2022, at 1:16 PM, Mike Chace-Ortiz <mchaceortiz@...> wrote:

Afternoon Gary

I’ve done nothing other than rely on the standard time sync (System Preferences->Date & Time) and set “Set date and time automatically" using the default service (time.apple.com <http://time.apple.com/>) on all my machines to be within 0.1 or 0.2 seconds of what time.is <http://time.is/> reports.

You don’t need software if you are already at less than that!

73
—mco
AB1TZ

On May 15, 2022, at 11:11 PM, Gary Rogers <cgaryrogers190@...> wrote:

I use ChronyControl on my MacBook Pro:

https://www.whatroute.net/chronycontrol.html

Gary KO3F

On May 15, 2022, at 2:59 PM, Bud WB2AUV <wb2auvski@...> wrote:
Using time.is <http://time.is/> <http://time.is/> shows computer time to be within .049 sec.Is there a program I can install to make the MAC auto adjust to time?

On May 15, 2022, at 1:57 PM, Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98@...> wrote:

Check to make sure your clock is accurate
https://time.is/

Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, May 15, 2022, 12:47:59 PM CDT, Bud WB2AUV <wb2auvski@...> wrote:

I am running FT8 with an ICOM 7300 an a Mac computer. After opening WSJTX, I am able to receive calls, but when I try a QSO, no one responds to repeated calls. I am sending up to 30W. I can see incoming signals on my waterfall. Where do I set transmit frequency? What is my problem?

WB2AUV