locked Re: Yaesu FT991A Won't Transmit in FT8 #Cat_RigControl #NewUser #TechnicalHelpQuestion #transmit #Yaesu

Dave KD2SGM

Sorry for what may seem like a dumb question, but when you say you can’t transmit on FT-8, do you mean all WSJT-X modes? I just upgraded from 2.5.0 to 2.5.4. Wish I didn’t. There’s a Hamlib error for some rigs for rig control. I experience some of the issues you have experienced. A simple stop transmit usually fixes the problem. My rig is a Yaesu FTDX -3000 using an OCF Dipole. This only happens occasionally. All other modes are fine (SSB, CW, RTTY, PSK). You may want to choose a different rig in the drop down and/or update the Hamlib file. My max power output is 30 watts.

Good Luck,
Dave, KD2SGM