moderated Re: Puzzling QSO endings #QSO_practices

Lawrence Godek

I do the same.

On 5/13/2022 10:03 AM, chas cartmel wrote:
Just for information I always send a '73' or a 'RR73" to a contacted station when signal reports are exchanged and acknowledged.
For me it is operating 'manners' rather than a necessity.

The QSO is logged automatically but I mark it as no '73' and tend not to QSL these stations unless there is QSB and signal weak
. It's only 30 seconds after all.
I also do not work stations responding to my CQ with a signal report rather than a grid square. Again 30 seconds of effort.

73 Charlie
G4EST
www.g4est.me.uk
Stay safe out there

-----Original Message-----
From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Malcolm
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2022 1:43 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] Puzzling QSO endings #QSO_practices

I've observed this operating practice for some time now and not such a big deal. FT8 QSO should, but don't have to, end with 73's being exchanged. Many don't send a 73, but end the QSO after sending a signal report. That's fine. But I also see some operators will continue sending signal reports until I have answered with a 73 several times. I'll usually get a confirmation via eQSL or LoTW so I assume they received my signal report. This makes me think I'm missing something. Is there an explanation?

Dan - K4SHQ
CFI/II

For more info visit www.bullguard.com