moderated Re: Puzzling QSO endings #QSO_practices

WB5JJJ - George

I, on the other hand, log just about anything that has all the BASIC elements of a contact (as in callsign and signal report exchanged). You would be surprised as to how many LoTW confirmations I get even though I didn't see their RR73, RRR or even 73. WSJTx logs the contact after either party starts transmitting RR73 or RRR, so I go with that. And yes, there are those that require a 73 both ways even if I send RR73, they won't log it unless I send a second 73 alone, which I don't normally -- go figure, it doesn't bother me one bit. If I notice they don't confirm, I just assume they are don't use LoTW and never look back.
--
73's
George - WB5JJJ