locked Re: Kenwood Silicon Labs Driver issues #TechnicalHelpQuestion

Ron

You gave us some good history but haven't really described exactly what is
occurring now. Are you seeing any error messages? It would be helpful if
you could walk us through step by step what you are doing. You say you did
a patch. Are you referring to Windows Update. You said you installed the
Kenwood driver "umpty times" why did you feel the need to do that? Were
you expecting a different result.

Sorry, wish I could be of more assistance, I have a TS-590 as well, but
we're going to need more information than what you've provided thus far.

Ron - KJ5XX

On Thu, May 12, 2022, 4:04 PM Williams, G (af8c) via groups.io <af8c=
alumni.caltech.edu@groups.io> wrote:

I am trying to help my friend with his Kenwood TS590SG WSJT-X problem.

Background:
My friend and I are running TS590SG transceivers with WSJT-X FT8 from
Dell laptops. Both of us were having absolutely no problems for many
many months. In fact my installation was in December 2020. This radio
and computer combination with Windows 10 (and other recent versions of
Windows) has had no problems so far in 18 months of use (knock on
wood). Note that the operation with the TS590SG requires a Silicon Labs
USB driver be downloaded and installed for Windows. We both did that in
late 2020.. Along the way after that there have been Windows updates.
So far, my system setup is still working as of three days ago.

His is another story...

My friend's Dell Windows 10 laptop stopped working with FT8 last week,
before patch Tuesday this week. He can reinstall the Silicon Labs
package umpty times and yet there are no good results. This is while
reading and using the Kenwood special instructions on how to do it. The
installation is specific on order of installing and plugging in the
radio with the USB cable. He says it's as if Windows will not accept the
installation of the Silicon Labs driver when viewing Device Manager.

So we are looking for anyone with new knowledge of what to check for.

--73, Glenn, AF8C