locked Re: FT8 with Xiegu G90 #linux #WSJTX_config

Don Roden

You gotta have an external wattmeter of some sort to try to confirm the radio is sending out RF. A friend across town ? A spare radio ? A 60 watt lightbulb attached to a piece of coax with a connector that fits the radio ? W4DNR

On 2022-05-11 2:50 pm, Robert Bower wrote:

My brain hurts.
During the day I tried FT4 the radio showed transmission but 0 watts, so I went back to FT8.
I just checked pskreporter.info and my ft4 transmission was heard but nothing on FT8.
On 2022-05-11 12:28, Robert Bower wrote: The radio is set to line in
I raised the Aux in volume to 15
I also checked the slider on WSJTX
Everything is at maximum.
Just to test I unplugged the laptop from the CE-19 and plugged in a
microphone to the CE-19. I hit transmit on the radio microphone and
talked into microphone connected to the CE-19 I did get get the power
to increase but I had to talk very loudly definitely above what you
would use for radio.
I also checked the audio cable from the usb sound card I was able to
plug a speaker into the audio cable and hear the transmit signals
without issue.
I am starting to think the issue is somewhere between the CE-19 and
the radio itself. Since the tip is audio in maybe it is not making
good connection. Maybe the audio in on the radio is not functioning
properly.
I compared the sound card of the laptop with another sound card and
they sound about the same. So I have to say everything sounds fine
from the laptop to the end of the audio cord.
I have also reached out to Radioddity to see if they have any suggestions.
Thanks
On 2022-05-11 09:54, M0PWX wrote: Look at page 7 of this doc Cheat Sheet V1.77 070421.pdf
(groups.io)<https://xiegug90.groups.io/g/main/files/Manuals,%20Cheat%20Sheets,%20CAT-CIV%20Commands%20and%20other%20Information./Cheat%20Sheet%20V1.77%20%20070421.pdf>
Check the Aux In is set to "LINE" and the AUX IN volume is about 10
(you may need to adjust the volume of the soundcard on the computer as
well if you find even aux in vol =15 don't give full power out on the
G90)
73
Peter
M0PWX