locked Compiling from source code question #linux

Zachrey

Hi All!

I just installed Linux Manjaro (Arch based Linux distro??) on a Dell Latitude E7470 laptop and am trying to compile wsjt-x on it.

My first question is where is the sha1sum hash to verify the integrity of the wsjtx-2.5.4.tgz file?

I cloned a git repository from the AUR (Arch User Repository??) called "wsjtx-system-hamlib" with the command:
git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/wsjtx-system-hamlib.git

Then I edited the PKGBUILD file and replaced the version number from 2.4.0 to 2.5.4 and similarly the .SRCINFO file and then tried to compile it with the command:
makepkg -si

and it started doing a WHOLE bunch of stuff and it looked like it was almost done with no errors but failed because, as I anticipated, the sha1sum hash for the wsjtx-2.5.4.tgz is not the same as the hash for the wsjtx-2.4.0.tgz file.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!

--
Zac Helmberger