locked Re: Totally Stumped..Carrier with No AFSK #transmit

Michael Black

#1 Unplug the Signalink#2 Uninstall the USB Audio CODEC#3 Shut down #4 Plug Signalink back in#5 Boot#6 Check audio settings in WSJT-X and sound card settings in sound card control panel for 0dB level (right-click level slider) and 48kHz rate.  Also in sound control panel ensure USB Audio CODEC is not the default device (no green check marks on USB Audio CODEC).
On Windows 10 the last USB device plugged in automagically becomes the default.  So be sure SignaLink is plugged in BEFORE you boot the computer.
Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, April 20, 2022, 07:04:54 AM CDT, Jim K2QB <nfjimc@...> wrote:

Trying to get a fellow ham on FT8 and for the life of me can't figure this one out. I have been running both WJST-X and JTDX for several years, so I am very aware of all the little nuances like USB port power settings. His set up is a Yaesu FT1000MP with a SignalLink interface. Running Windows 10. We have had everything up and running fine and suddenly the other day it stopped working. He attributes it to a possible Windows update but I'm not so sure. WJSTX and JTDX both act the exact same way. When we hit tune or transmit the rig will key, the power meter shows a carrier/power out but there appears to be no actual AFSK. I've listened to him, and my waterfall shows nothing on his xmt frequency. I swear we have tried every sound setting in Windows with no luck. We've rebooted the PC, changed USB ports, and all the usual stuff. I'm almost thinking the SignalLink is faulty but seems unlikely. Any help would really be appreciated.
Thanks!

--
Jim K2QB