locked #hamlib ERROR fix'r upper #hamlib

Mike Sutherland <ve3uet@...>

I asked how to correct hamlib error on this group and on the WSJT-x facebook group and Brian Totten, shared this link with me

https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main/topic/31843492?fbclid=IwAR00teZqrfhEbYxEWp6ubdratD4B6PRo8YIgSmUunWB8DGUUpShpHfYzvQ8

Ubuntu -- Hamlib error: IO error while opening connection to rig

I suspect you are not selecting the correct serial port device for CAT in WSJT-X. Your screen capture shows "USB", that is definitely incorrect. I would guess that /dev/ttyUSB0 is the right one, that would be a USB to serial interface.

You also need to add your user to the 'dialout' group to be able to access serial devices:

sudo adduser $USER dialout

You must log out your desktop session and log back in for that to take effect, or simply reboot.

WoW!! I did that and now have my radio and computer talking like old buddies on 20 meters

--
73 Mike VE3UET
FN03