From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Black via groups.io
Sent: 19 April 2022 14:33
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Rig control issue with IC7800, WSJTx, & microham MKII #Cat_RigControl

Try the latest hamlib...I made a change Nov 2021 where the rig's bandwidth is not supposed to change from what the user selects for Icom rigs.
New hamlib for Windows installation directions
#1 Shut down WSJTX/JTDX
#2 Download either the 32-bit or 64-bit DLL matching the 32/64-bit version of WSJTX/JTDX -- hopefully your browser doesn't block it but may warn you multiple times.
If you can do a "Save As" you can save it directly in \WSJT\WSJTX\bin and replace the libhamlib-4.dll that is there.
http://n0nb.users.sourceforge.net/dll32/libhamlib-4.dll
http://n0nb.users.sourceforge.net/dll64/libhamlib-4.dll
#3 If you don't save directly you need to open a file browser and move the file that way.
If you're not familiar with that here's a video on the file browser - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyVqCJrs9dk
Mike W9MDB

On Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 08:20:09 AM CDT, Phil Cooper via groups.io <pcooper@...> wrote:

Hi all,

New to this group, and as you would expect, I have a weird issue which I need help with...
Let me see if I can explain it -

I have been using WSJTx & JTAlert for ages now, and when I changed to a new PC with Win10Pro 64bit, I had an issue with rig control, so I ended up using the DXLab Commander to control the rig, which works just fine.
However, over the Easter weekend, I decided to see if I could see what was going on with the native rig control.
It seems that I had the stop bit set wrong, and after correcting that, I managed to get rig control.

BUT.... with DXLab Commander, everything works as it should, and yet, when I use the native rig control, my radio goes to a narrow filter on TX, and then sets the RX filter to the same setting. If I change band, and set the wide filter, it will change to the narrow filter as soon as I transmit.

Going back to Commander, this behaviour is normal, and works without changing the filter.

I have looked everywhere to see what may be causing the narrow filter to be used, but I cannot see any setting for this in WSJTx. I have tried without JTAlert, and the same issue occurs, so I have to assume that it is something in WSJTx that is causing the narrow filter to be activated.

Has anyone got any thoughts please?

73 de Phil GU0SUP