locked Re: Three character call sign in WSPR? #WSPR

William Smith

Actually, according to https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/1200310/Creating-WSPR-Message-in-Cplusplus you can prepend a space, noting that the third character must be numeric. I hope that's not just for this particular code, but give it a try...

73, Willie N1JBJ

On Apr 19, 2022, at 2:55 PM, Bruce KX4AZ <bruce@...> wrote:

I'm trying to operate a WSPR beacon for a special event station (N1D). It appears that the decoder in WSJT-x does not accept the use of a three letter call sign. The only spots I am getting are from (older?) decoders such as what is built into a KiwiSDR receiver. Wonder if this limitation is documented anywhere? Of course, the workaround would be to append a special suffix to the call sign.