locked Re: #raspberryPi #WSPR v2.3.0 - Band Hoping Schedule window is not displayed #raspberryPi #WSPR

gareth.pale <gareth.paley@...>

I started afresh with a new Raspberry Buster image. Then I followed the
instructions at:

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.5.4.html#INSTALL_LINUX

executing the following first:

sudo apt install libgfortran5 libqt5widgets5 libqt5network5
libqt5printsupport5 libqt5multimedia5-plugins libqt5serialport5
libqt5sql5-sqlite libfftw3-single3 libgomp1 libboost-all-dev libusb-1.0-0
libportaudio2

then installed the package file:

wget https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx_2.5.4_armhf.deb

finally installed it with the command:

sudo dpkg -i wsjtx_2.5.4_armhf.deb

WSJTX-X v.2.5.4 is now installed and running, the schedule box comes up
when I select band hopping but I am having problems configuring it to
connect to my rig.

I'm using exactly the same Radio and Audio settings as I have on my WSJT-X
v.2.4.0 I have running on my Windows 10 PC and I get the following error
when I hit the Test CAT button:

Rig Failure

Hamlib error: Protocol error
rig_get_vfo: returning -8(Protocol error
0000 00
read_block_generic(): Timed out 3.2545 seconds after 1 chars
read_block_generic(): Timed out 3.2545 seconds after 1 chars)rig_get_vfo:
elapsed=3015ms
rig.c(2587):rig_get_vfo return(-8) Protocol error
rig_get_vfo: returning -8(Protocol error
0000 00
read_block_generic(): Timed out 3.2545 seconds after 1 chars
read_block_generic(): Timed out 3.2545 seconds after 1 chars)rig_get_vfo:
elapsed=3015ms
rig_get_vfo: elapsed=3015ms while testing getting current VFO

The rig I'm using is an mcHF clone which uses the FT-817 command set, so
that's Rig the rig I select Rig: Yaesu FT-817. Serial Port: /dev/ttyACM0,
Baud Rate 38400, Data Bits 8, Stop Bits Default, Hand Shake Default, PTT
Method CAT, mode None, Split operation None. Audio settings -
Soundcard Input: plughw:CARD=mchf,DEV=0, Output: plughw:CARD=mchf,DEV=0.
This works fine on version 2.3.0.

I think I'm going to unistall and go back to 2.3.0 as I can live without
scheduled band hopping but it's useless without CAT control.

Regards
Gareth
de M0WWS

On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 12:03 AM Robert Stohlman <bobstohlman@...>
wrote:

Let us know how it works out Gareth. GL

73 de Bob K4RCG

On Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 1:55 PM Gareth Paley <gareth.paley@...>
wrote:

Thanks, downloaded and installed and schedule is now working. Cat control
is now throwing up hamlib protocol errors with the same wsjtx settings I
had before as so I'm updating that now...

On Sun, 17 Apr 2022, 22:09 Robert Stohlman, <bobstohlman@...>
wrote:

Gareth, it should be on the WSJT/Princeton web page. It should have
everything you need.

73
Bob K4RCG

On Sun, Apr 17, 2022 at 11:49 Gareth Paley <gareth.paley@...>
wrote:

Thanks Bob, I'm not sure how to install v2.5.4 because the PI Installer
only seems to find v2. 3.0. I'll have a look for v2.5.4 package and install
it manually if I can.

Sent from my Xperia by Sony smartphone

---- Bob K4RCG wrote ----

GA Gareth, I've seen that before and I've never been able to determine
why

it occurs. Seems re-starting WSJT/WSPR clears it up. Also, you may want

to try WSJT-X v2.5.4; works a treat on my RasP4/Buster OS.

73 de Bob

K4RCG

On Sun, Apr 17, 2022 at 2:41 PM gareth.pale <gareth.paley@...>
wrote:

As per subject, in WSPR mode when I tick band hopping and then hit the
schedule button it doesn't bring up a schedule window.
I've installed the latest available version of WSJT-X (v2.3.0) on the
latest version of Debian Bullseye on a 3B+ Raspberry Pi with a 7"
touch

screen. No other apps are running, I've even switched off the
waterfall.

The first time I press the button I can see for an instant it trying

draw an outline for a window but then it disappears. Subsequent
pushes of

the Schedule button does nothing. The Pi task bar just shows WSJT-X
running.

All other functions work perfectly
Hope someone has seen this before and fixed it because I'm stumped.
Gareth
de M0WWS