locked Re: Time Synchronization #Timesync

Joe WB9SBD

That's why I always confirm against WWV if I make mine make an adjustment.

Joe WB9SBD

On 4/3/2022 5:55 PM, Karl Beckman WA8NVW - AFA5VB wrote:
Please do yourself and others running the FT4 and FT8 modes a favor by using only time syncing programs that use the full NTP protocol. Meinberg is full true NTP, no compromises. SNTP, (aka Simple NTP) is not .good enough, because it doesn't allow clock drift corrections of errors in both directions - too slow and too fast. Both NetTime and Dimension4 use only SNTP and they are available only for Windows, not Linux or Mac.