locked Re: Operating on the 50's

Joe WB9SBD

you should try. but it is NOT necessary!

Honestly Joe the maker of this incredible mode says the same thing.

you can have almost completely overlapping signals and not effect either one. the mode is sooo cool to ignore the signal it does not need.

Joe WB9SBD

On 3/30/2022 5:13 PM, Dennis Wage wrote:
Joe.. so are you saying that it is ok and good practice to operate 5hz away
from others and that's all I need to pick an open spot in a crowded
frequency?
I always look for a completely dead 50hz place to operate.

On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 4:35 PM Joe WB9SBD<nss@...> wrote:

The other thing is that would be a HUGE waste of THE FREQUENCY .

They don't HAVE to have clean air. you can literally have two stations
only 5hz apart and work them just fine!

I have had a -20 station and a +20 station only 10hz apart and work the
-20 station with no trouble at all.

Joe WB9SBD / W9ET

On 3/30/2022 4:15 PM, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
If everybody were calibrated that might work. Problem is they aren't.
Many operators are off by as much as 20Hz or more.
Mike W9DMB

On Wednesday, March 30, 2022, 04:11:34 PM CDT, Dennis Wage<
dwage@...> wrote:
I had a question in private email on what I mean by operating on the
50's
If everyone would operate on the 50’s, which is: set your transmit tone
frequency to multiples of 50 I.e. 200, 250, 300... ...2900, 2950, 3000.
It would immediately make more room.
Here’s an example.
Operator 1 is on 1200
Operator 2 is on 1275
Operator 3 is on 1350

Operator 2 on 1275 is taking up 2 slots.
[image: image.png]
*--*
*Dennis M. Wage (W9BOQ)*
*2020 Grammy winner for Best Tradition Blues.*
<https://www.grammy.com/grammys/artists/dennis-wage/252054>
*245 Corum Hill Road*
*Castalian Springs, TN 37031*
*(615) 310-4242*