locked Re: Odd Fake-it behaviour with FTDX10 #Cat_RigControl

Steve Kavanagh

Mike

I am not sure if I understood your request exactly, but I did some tests regarding whether the FTDX10 can change frequency while transmitting under WSJT-X control.

(1) Turning the tuning knob on the FTDX10 while transmitting using WSJT-X in TUNE (on DATA-U mode and with Fake It on) does change the transmitted frequency (could hear it move on another receiver).
(2) Changing the TX offset frequency by using the up/down arrows does change the transmitted frequency (could hear it move on another receiver).
(3) Changing the TX offset frequency by editing in the frequency box does change the transmitted frequency (could hear it move on another receiver).
(4) Changing the TX offset frequency between Fake It segments using the up/down arrows (for example from 2505 Hz to 2495 Hz or vice versa) does not change the FTDX10 frequency readout.
(5) Changing the TX offset frequency between Fake It segments by editing the frequency box (for example from 2495 Hz to 249 Hz, by pressing backspace key once) moves the cursor in the Wide graph, changes the frequency as heard on another receiver, but does not change the FTDX10 frequency display.

All the above tests were using TUNE. Behaviour is somewhat different when changing things while calling CQ (TX6), as documented in points 7- 11 below. All these tests pertain to what happens within a single 15 second transmission.

(7) Turning the tuning knob on the FTDX10 while transmitting using WSJT-X to call CQ (on DATA-U mode with Fake It on) does change the transmitted frequency (could hear it move on another receiver).
(8) Changing the TX offset frequency by using the up/down arrows does NOT change the transmitted frequency (could not hear it move on another receiver).
(9) Changing the TX offset frequency by editing in the frequency box does NOT change the transmitted frequency (could not hear it move on another receiver, even though the Wide Graph cursor moved).
(10) Changing the TX offset frequency between Fake It segments using the up/down arrows (for example from 2505 Hz to 2495 Hz or vice versa) does not change the FTDX10 frequency readout.
(11) Changing the TX offset frequency between Fake It segments by editing the frequency box (for example from 2495 Hz to 249 Hz, by pressing backspace key once) moves the cursor in the Wide graph, does NOT change the frequency as heard on another receiver, and does NOT change the FTDX10 frequency display.

I hope that is clear and covers what you were wondering about.

Steve VE3SMA

Join main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.