locked Re: External USB audio problem on Mac #macOS #txaudio

Michael Black

The IC756 does not adjust audio very well -- the audio to the computer is fixed for example.
You need an audio device where you can control the audio in/out level in analog space.
Like the SignaLinkFor the IC-756 you need theĀ SLUSB8PD cable andĀ SLMOD8PD jumper block.https://www.tigertronics.com/slusbmain.htm

I hooked up one of these to an IC-746PRO and it works just fine and is completely adjustable on the audio levels.
Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, March 13, 2022, 04:45:38 AM CDT, 6k2kus@... <6k2kus@...> wrote:

Hi,

I am using Mac and suffer from the following problem for every case.

Tested pc: iMac with Catalina and M1 air with Bir Sur
External USB audio: zoom H1n and xggcomms Digilink (using C-midia 0x0012)
Rig: Icom IC-756. Digilink uses FT232R USB UART.
WSJT-X: ver 2.5.4

The input (rx) volume is too high: I have to minimize the mic volume in the System Preferences. Then my rx level manages to go to 80dB.
The output (tx) volume is too low: I have raised the power lever to the highest and set the soundcard volume Max.
(By the way, if I try to raise the power lever up, it appears go down).
Therefore I cannot use the full power of my rig.

I think FLDigi seems to work fine with the same hardware and WSJT-X and JTDX with similar versions have the problem.

Thank you in advance.