locked Re: Aggregation of two RX Streams in one Window of WSJT-X #TechnicalHelpQuestion

Michael Black

No it's not the same thing.
What you are talking about is the the Fox mode does where it can transmit in up to 5 slots.  Fox still only uses one audio channel for both Rx and Tx.This makes a lot of sense for DXpeditions...not much sense for the regular schmucks like most of us.
You lose signal strength when you do multi-slot.For N Slots = 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 the average power persignal will be down from P0 by about 0, 6, 9.5, 12, and 14 dB, respectively
Besides that having many people doing 5 slots would suck all the air out of our meager 3kHz window.So while it's technically possible to allow it's unlikely to meet approval.
What the H/V players are talking about is decoding two different streams of audio and decoding both streams since they have two antennas receiving.
I was wondering if those two streams could be combined into one and if that would have any advantage.
Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, January 27, 2022, 01:29:40 PM CST, SteveO via groups.io <sollmann22@...> wrote:

I am curious here...  so on receive i can decode more than 20 simultaneous transmissions.  Seems feasible to have multiple transmit frequencies in the same TX time slot.  Just different state machines to manage each slot.

Scenario:
* send CQ in one freq slot.
* receive multiple responses, say up to five
* respond to all five responses on up to five freq slots.
* WSJT-x manages the progress of each QSO individually to completion, timeout, or user intervention.
* all done with one sound card.

Seems like i have heard WSJT-x can already do this.  Seems technologically solid.

Is this similar to what this thread is about?

73 de KC5NK, Steve