From: Gwen <gsw2@...>
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Jan 26, 2022 11:42 am
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] How best to use frequency cursors?? #help

Shouldn't matter whether the cursors match the desired station. If the
waterfall display is red, it is actually better that your cursor not be
on that frequency.  Your transmission (red/top cursor) is probably more
likely to get thru if it is on a "dead/deep blue" portion of the
waterfall.  Yes, every transmission displayed in the left hand log box
is on the waterfall.
RE: first portion -- if the signal you are attempting is weak (in a blue
waterfall display), you are more likely to make contact if your transmit
cursor matches his --- but if the stream is red, move your transmitter
to a bluer section of the waterfall.
Gwen    KI5PXQ

On 1/26/22 8:59 AM, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
It seems most people are using "Hold Tx" to keep their transmit offset the same -- not caring who/where the receiver is.This is working them split in the classical sense.  You can work them on their frequency but you may collide with others doing that.
Mike W9MDB

      On Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 09:36:46 AM CST, scot mackeil <jsmackeil@...> wrote:

  So, I am a new WSJT user. I can transmit decode and exchange.  Please tell me best way to use red and green freq cursors?  In log on left contacts have numbers that seem to match numbers in waterfall.  How does one use this info and match cursors to station one wants to exchange with?  Should cursors be over under each other? Or should there always be a spilt? If so what? Should cursors be put over data streams going down the waterfall ?  In log on left how does one know witch stream they are in waterfall? QSL de N1JSM. Ty