locked Re: Answering FTx CQ with Tx2-message #QSO_practices

Jim Brown

On 1/26/2022 4:40 AM, Roger wrote:
Unless they have a complex call which prevents sending their locator in Tx 1 I do not log these QSOs as I regard them as incomplete.
A QSO is defined as the exchange of, and the confirmation of, the transmission and reception by both parties of the callsign and one other piece of information. For nearly a century, a signal report has been used as the second piece of information. The use of a Maidenhead grid is a newcomer, introduced, I think, by VHF/UHF awards and contesting in the last half century.

73, Jim K9YC