Re: Weird signal reports

Herb Blue - WB8ASI

I got a +35 report the other day on FT4.  Crazy that I can ever get that kind of signal.  A fluke? cuz otherwise all is normal and working fine.

On May 6, 2019 at 6:24 PM Ron Grossl <grossl@...> wrote:

I have searched and found no one else with this problem, or maybe I didn't search the right way.  Anyway, I just installed the new RC5 version of WSJT-X.  I have made a few contacts and that part seems to be working just fine.  My problem is that all of the signals I receive are reported as being above 0db in strength.  The weakest signal I have seen has been 7db, not -7.  I have sent 35db as report to a station in England.  I know I have a good receiver, but not that good.  This only does this in FT4 mode, things are normal in FT8.  Did I miss something in the documentation or is something seriously wrong with my setup?

Thanks

View/Reply Online (#3158): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3158
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA