locked Re: Can't update Tx2 signal report #QSO_practices

Bill, WB6JJJ

I believe it was changed to the current configuration because if the receiving station decoded your first call he would be confused as to the correct signal report if you changed it mid QSO. Anyway, your number is YOUR signal to noise reading of his signal, not a signal strength reading of the other station.

Bill
WB6JJJ

On Jan 15, 2022, at 10:23 AM, bob norin via groups.io <bobnorin@...> wrote:

I recently upgraded WSJT-X from 2.1.2 to 2.5.4. I'm impressed with the faster FT8 decode. But I've noticed a difference in behavior when I call stations with Tx2 rather than Tx1. When calling a station, I like to send the most recent signal report. When starting with Tx2, the signal report I give with 2.5.4 seems to be locked by my first call. If I have to call more than once, in 2.1.2 I could double click on the most recent decode and my Tx2 report would be updated. However, with 2.5.4 double-clicking doesn't update the report I send. I have to artificially double-click on a different station, and then double-click on the original station to refresh my Tx2 report. Maybe there is a setting that I'm overlooking, but otherwise it seems like a bug or disabled feature.

I'm not a daily follower of this forum, so apologies if this issue has already been discussed.

Thanks for the help.
73,
Bob W7YAQ