locked Re: .adi files #adiFiles

Martin G0HDB

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 08:35 PM, <dontownsend@...> wrote:

How does WSJT-X create the .adi file? If I edit the .log file for errors,
will the adi file get corrected? Do I have to edit both the log file and the
adi file when finding an error?
Hello Don, as far as I'm aware it's only the .ADI file that's important, so there's probably no need at all to make any changes to the .LOG file after you've made corrections to the .ADI file.

I think I recall someone (probably the late and much-missed G4WJS) stating that the .LOG file, which seems to be in CSV format, is only a transaction record of what WSJT-X has logged whereas the .ADI file is the log itself that can be uploaded to LoTW etc and is used to identify previously-worked stations. I've certainly never, ever made any changes to my .LOG file whereas I fairly often edit the .ADI file, for example to add or correct grid squares.

Hope that helps,

--
Martin G0HDB