Re: Just compiled WSJT-X on Ubuntu 20.04 and it crashes on "Tune" #wsjt-x-crashing

d_ziolkowski

What happens if you call cq without hitting tune.

Dan KC2STA

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 4:31 PM Zachrey via groups.io <zachrey_ca=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Karza!!

Thank you so much for replying!!

I found the ini file in ./config and deleted it. I restarted WSJT-X and I
plugged in the sound from the radio and nothing happened. I checked
File->Settings ->Audio and noticed the drop down selections for Soundcard
Inputs and Outputs were blank so I selected "default" for both. At this
point, I think I got something on the audio level bar but it was not
decoding anything. Then I switched the Mode from JT9 to FT8 and then
adjusted the "Microphone" volume level slider in Ubuntu 20.04 upper right
until the wsjtx sound level meter was around "60".

At this point stations started pouring in like mad! Big smile!
But unfortunately, as it always does, the minute I click on "Tune" it
crashes.

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 01:52 PM, Karza wrote:

WSJT-X.ini

--
Zac Helmberger
KI5SOH