locked Re: Update affect on multiple instances #install #Windows10

N1BUG

I run several instances of WSJT-X under Windows 10 by specifying a rig-name parameter in the shortcut for each instance. I have never had an update break any of that but with anything computer related your mileage may vary. I install new versions into the existing WSJT-X directory.

If you install into a different directory it won't update your shortcuts. They will still run the old version. You could probably fix this by manually editing all of your shortcuts to point to the new version but I have not tried that.

73,
Paul N1BUG

On 1/3/22 4:38 PM, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Try install WSJT-X 2.5.4 in a separate directory (which it should do by default IMHO anyways) and run just one copy to see if it works.
You don't say how far behind you are but it's usually painless to upgrade.
Mike W9MDB
On Monday, January 3, 2022, 03:28:59 PM CST, Richard Lawn <rjlawn@...> wrote:
I'd like to update WSJT-X as I'm a bit behind but I run several instances of WSJT-X and wonder how an update affects them. Will I have to reconstruct the updates or will they autimatically reference the newest version?
73 HNY