locked Re: #logging #NewUser #ContestMode FT Roundup #NewUser #logging #ContestMode

Brian Stucker

To use N1MM with WSJT to manage your logs you need to do just a very few things.

In WSJT, turn on log broadcasting under reporting. In N1MM, go to the WSJT tab in configure and enable the radio 1 checkbox on the upper left of the screen. Make sure the ports agree, but they should by default.

Tada! You’re done.

You don’t need to wait for a contest to try it out. Just create a log for DX or FTROUNDUP and watch N1MM grab every contact you make.

There’s more complex setups than the above, but that’s the one I use (with a few other pieces of software) and it works flawlessly during RU for Single OP. You don’t have to control your radio via N1MM for WSJT because all of the band information comes through in the log fragment.

73,
Brian - KB2S

On Tue, Dec 7, 2021 at 8:04 AM Tony Collett via groups.io <tony.nbs=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Every contest that I have been in states that the score is not necessary as their software will figure your score.

Hi Steve
Glad the tips helped - and cheers to Phil about not including the header, second nature when you have done it before but not first time round!

Carl is correct, some Entry Robots will tell you the score when you upload the log but not all. They all work out the score themselves in the adjudication process.

I only operated RU for a few hours and not sending an entry in so only used WSJTX but would use N1MM for a serious entry. Using a contest logger also helps you know if you have worked them before on the same band but different mode which is not so easy with WSJTX on its own even with a fresh ADI file. The N1MM documentation runs through how to set it up thoroughly but enjoy watching You Tube for more guidance and Good Luck.

73
Tony G4NBS