locked Re: IC 705 CRASHES WSJT-X WHEN TX #band #AudioIssues #Icom

Jim Brown

On 11/29/2021 5:38 PM, Mark Gottlieb wrote:
No, the ground rod is not bonded to the house ground.  However, I have solved the RFI problem with RS-BA1 software.  Using the rig as a server access point, with the software, solved the hardwire connection issue. Now, with no direct connection, there is no more RFI.  Problem solved!
Those rods MUST, BY LAW, all be bonded together. Without that bonding, your installation is unsafe, and an invitation to lightning damage! I suggest that you study N0AX's ARRL book on the topic, and/or the link I posted to my slide deck.

73, Jim K9YC