locked Re: IC 705 CRASHES WSJT-X WHEN TX #band #AudioIssues #Icom

Gary trock

Mark, I’m new to WSJTx but for ham radio in general, I have 6 copper ground rods, 6 feet long bonded with #4 gauge wire and many would consider that inadequate grounding. One rod not enough.
Gary N8GT

On Nov 28, 2021, at 1:16 PM, Gary trock <gtrockmd@...> wrote:

Question. I’m using an old Kenwood TS 850s, and thinking of getting a second radio. I am considering an ICOM 7300, but noticed how cheap IC 718’s are at the present. Any comments good or bad using the 718 for WSJTx?
Gary N8GT
On Nov 28, 2021, at 1:13 PM, Mark Gottlieb <kk2l@...> wrote:

I just got back to the group. My shack is grounded to a copper rod buried in my garden. All radios, amps, tuners etc are wired to the same copper rod.

73
Mark
KK2L