locked Re: TCI-Client for Sun SDR #Cat_RigControl

Bill Somerville

Hi Roger,

as far as I can see the TCI feature for sample data is only implemented for I/Q data from ExpertSDR, not foe baseband PCM audio which is what is needed for WSJT-X, although audio does seem to be promised in some future version of TCI. Looking at the TCI 1.6 spec it does have commands to control audio streams, so maybe it is implemented.

I see the CAT via a virtual COM port uses a TS-480 emulation, I don't see why that would limit the SDR to 100 Hz steps, what do you have set in the "Step" drop-down list in ExpertSDR?

On 24/11/2021 20:16, Roger Corbett wrote:
Hi Bill,
Just to add another number to the count. I too have a SunSDR and Id love to be able to use TCI directly from WSJT-X.
Currently Im using MacLoggerDX to do the connection which is fine but I’ve never been able to get any sort of doppler correction working with that setup.
Thats not totally true but 100hz steps, which is all I’ve been able to achieve, is useless as a microwave IF.

73
Roger ZL3RC

On 25/11/2021, at 8:43 AM, Charlie Morrison <charlie@...> wrote:

Hi Bill

There are a great many users of the SunSDR range, and I for one  would love to see TCI incorporated as a CAT  option…It can also stream the Audio which gets around having to use VAC with its attendant artefacts. Perhaps it could be investigated

73, Charlie GI4FUE