locked Re: #raspberryPi #install #install #raspberryPi

Bill Somerville

On 24/11/2021 16:30, Edward Seeliger wrote:
Good afternoon Bill - thanks.
I did not add any suffixes (-j) / options to the build command except as specified in the tarball instructions. But that is what I suspect is happening.
I will have to research (learn again) how to change (temporaily) the memory allotment on the RPI and see if that works.
Thanks.
Edd - KD5M
Hi Edd,

OK. Make sure you don't have other unnecessary applications running while the build is running. I have not tried a build on a Pi Zero, I believe the Pi Zero 2 W only has 1/2 Gbyte of RAM and that may well not be enough. Do you have another Pi system with more memory you can build on?