locked Re: #raspberryPi #install #install #raspberryPi

Bill Somerville

Willie,

the INSTALL instructions are a lot easier if you follow them, hi!

There is no need to build Hamlib separately if you use the WSJT-X sources tarball we provide, in fact it is pointless as the sources tarball already includes Hamlib and the build script builds Hamlib and statically links it into WSJT-X.

On 24/11/2021 15:24, William Smith wrote:
The instructions in the source tarall are much easier to parse if you already know what you are doing.  🤷‍♂️

I got some hints from http://www.kk5jy.net/wsjtx-build/

Here's what I did:

From a clean Bullseye install (11.1) via Raspberry Pi Imager

sudo apt-get install cmake

export CXXFLAGS='-O2 -march=native -mtune=native'
export CFLAGS='-O2 -march=native -mtune=native'

sudo apt-get install emacs-nox (or your favorite editor to build the script below)
build a script from the webpage above and execute it (takes a long time)

wget https://github.com/Hamlib/Hamlib/releases/download/4.3.1/hamlib-4.3.1.tar.gz
tar xvzf <that>
cd <there>
/configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-static
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig
rigctl --version shows: rigctl Hamlib 4.3.1 Mon Sep 13
which rigctl returns: /usr/local/bin/rigctl
reboot to confirm somehting doesn't break
Success!

----------  Now for wsjt-x

export CXXFLAGS='-O2 -march=native -mtune=native'
export CFLAGS='-O2 -march=native -mtune=native'

wget https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-2.5.2.tgz
tar xvzf <that>
cd <there>
cd src
[Aha!  This is where hamlib 4.4 comes from!]
tar -zxvf wsjtx.tgz
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ../wsjtx
make
sudo make install

Hope this helps!

73, Willie N1JBJ

On Nov 24, 2021, at 10:17 AM, Edward Seeliger <eseeliger@...> wrote:

I have attempted to build wsjtx-2.5.2 for Raspian Bullseye (32 GB card) from source for the RPI Zero W2 following the recipe contained in the source tarball.
The build fails (crashes the RPI Zero W2) at the 61% location (Performing build step for 'wsjtx'). There are no error messages.
I must restart the RPI Zero W2 to recover operation.
The recipe builds hamlib without errors.
I have installed all the dependencies as listed and installed CMake using snap - CMake version 3.22.0 --Classic version. All the dependencies exceed the minimum required versions.
Any suggestions on how to proceed / correct the error are appreciated.
Edd - KD5M