Thanks for the info Kari.

That worked for me, but I did have to change the name of the downloaded on line help file from the drop-down box in WSJT-X that saved as WSJT-X User Guide.html to wsjtx-main-2.5.2.html

John, W0GN

On 2021-11-06 1:50 am, Karza wrote:
John,

How can I set up the local user guide?  I'm using v. 2.5.2 on a Raspberry
Pi-4b
I do have the On Line User Guide as a file in the documents folder.  It works
if opened from the Documents folder, but I cannot seem to move it so it will
open from the Help drop-down menu in WSJT-X.
you need to copy the file as the 'root' user.
Open terminal and type following 2 commands:
sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/share/doc/wsjtx/
sudo mv ~/Documents/wsjtx-main-2.5.2.html /usr/local/share/doc/wsjtx/
"sudo" will ask you for your password, type it when requested.
HTH
73's de Kari, oh2gqc