locked Re: WSPR Spot validation #WSPR

Roger

On 03/11/2021 14:20, Roland wrote:
Many are already registered members on qrz.com (free or paid sub). In order to use the XML API ( https://www.qrz.com/page/current_spec.html ) you need to have an XML subscription (USD29.95/year). I use the service for several other HAM-related programs, so WSJT-X would just be another use case for their service. The API provides a convenient way to search for calls locators etc.
You are not forcing anyone to subscribe to qrz.com if you make it an option in WSJT-X.
73
Roland

Many qrz.com entries for those using WSJTX are out of date or just wrong, sometimes deliberately for privacy reasons.

Me? I don't change qrz.com when I'm not operating from home.

I am totally against using qrz.com for amending my decoded messages and would block that website if necessary to prevent WSJTX from making any changes.

Roland

You are making it very difficult to follow your argument as you're not including the comments you're replying to.

73
Roger
moderator