Mike,

your point #2 is not quite correct, it doesn't care what the mode other than it must be one that is expected, i.e. within the set of valid modes.

This was a simple coding error in MacLoggerDX which has been fixed, I suggest we move on.

On 03/11/2021 13:59, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:

Do I not understand Mode=None in WJST-X then?
I thought it meant two things.
#1 WSJT-X makes no attempt to set mode
#2 WSJT-X makes no read of mode (or shouldn't care).

Is one of those assumptions wrong?

Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, November 3, 2021, 08:54:11 AM CDT, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

Mike,

that's not correct. If an application emulates another application then it should do so accurately, if it doesn't then a client can't be expected to behave exactly as it does for the original application. This issue has been resolved by a minor change in MacLoggerDX to improve the DX Lab Suite Commander emulation it provides.

On 03/11/2021 13:45, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
If you set mode to None you can do whatever you want on the rig.

Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, November 3, 2021, 01:10:15 AM CDT, Frank, DH4FR <frank.klop@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

One final question regarding modes:
Is it an error for WSJT-X when the mode on the rig is not set to USB-D? And how is this impacted by the "Mode" setting on the Radio panel?
For example, will WSJT-X throw an error when I switch mode to FM or LSB on the rig while WSJT-X is actively controlling the rig and mode is set to "None"?

Best 73
Frank