locked Re: WSPR Spot validation #WSPR

Michael Black

There are two points...one is bad decodes...the other is inaccurate grid reports which perhaps come from some internal error like not clearing the grid when a new call is decoded so an old grid gets used by default?

MikeĀ  W9MDB

On Wednesday, November 3, 2021, 08:55:29 AM CDT, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

Mike,

please review the thread so far, you may have missed the point.

On 03/11/2021 13:43, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
We're trying to avoid bad decodes with bogus callsigns...not grids which could be a rover or somebody temporarily operating who frequently does not update their QRZ location.

The examples given were all bad decodes with invalid callsigns.

Mike

On Wednesday, November 3, 2021, 08:40:24 AM CDT, Roland <roland@...> wrote:

People are moving, changing locations for many reasons. Therefore I think a year is a long period of time for a client-side call/locator cache.