locked No power or tones on alternate tries #txaudio #Yaesu #stopped_working

Robert Ahrens

I have been going crazy.  I jerked around with my setup for the CQWW SSB contest over the weekend and since then things have been weird.  I cannot fathom how anything I did could cause the problem I am having now.

Every other time that WSJT keys my FTDX3000, it fails to send tones so there is no power out.  The rig reliably keys and I have confirmed via the MON function that tones are produced only every other time that the Tune button on WSJT is activated, or that WSJT "transmits" a CQ (or any other message).

I am using OmniRig, full CAT with a single cable to the computer, and Win4Yaesu with a Win10 computer ... but I cannot imagine how any of that should matter.  The radio is keying every time, and the audio path (selection of audio devices, etc) appears to be OK since it does work predictably every other time.

Any ideas?  Thank you for your help.  It is driving me crazy watching one DX station after another  scroll up the screen and I cannot even try.

73 de NT5A - Bob