locked Re: WSPR Spot validation #WSPR

Roland

On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 02:03 PM, Michael Black wrote:
It could be filtered with a QRZ lookup.
I have a filter for the JTAlert email interface that does a QRZ lookup to avoid bad decodes like this and uses it's own local cache to reduce the QRZ queries to almost zero.
I also put the filter in my spot filtering program that sits between the cluster and Log4OM to avoid Log4OM triggering on false decodes too.

But with the spot reporting being done internally in WSJTX the QRZ validation would have to be added internally unless we migrated it externally.

That would be great to have this functionality integrated into WSJT-X. I like the idea of caching for a certain time

Roland