locked Re: IC-9700 VFO A/B switching #Icom #Cat_RigControl

Gary trock

Thanks
Hope to get control up and running with the new cable with your help when you are available

On Oct 21, 2021, at 11:36 AM, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

Mike,

that's not correct. Many users control their rigs via Omni-RIg, or DX Lab Suite Commander, or other applications that emulate Commander like N1MM Logger+, MacLoggerDX, and others.

Better to say "all direct CAT control".

On 21/10/2021 16:29, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
All rig control except audio.

Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, October 21, 2021, 10:14:15 AM CDT, Gary trock <gtrockmd@...> wrote:

Pardon my ignorance. What is Hamlib used for?

On Oct 20, 2021, at 11:31 PM, Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98@...> wrote:

Download the appropriate 32 or 64-bit zip file from here tomorrow...i.e. the 20211021 version that will be posted later tonight.

Extract the hamlib-4.dll and replace the one in the WSJTX directory

The problem has been fixed.

Mike W9MD

On Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 01:56:12 PM CDT, Brad, K8ZM <k8zm@...> wrote:

Don’t see many others with this issue but I still have an anomaly on the IC-9700 with WSJT-X at launch swapping VFO A to VFO B, so I can only assume it’s the “operator” and maybe I’m clearly missing the obvious.  I installed just a day ago the latest version libhamlib-4.dll and still get the VFO swapping.  Once manually swapped back everything functions as it should.  I’m running v2.50 but also had this issue with v2.4.  The last version that did not have this issue was v2.3.1.

I’m running Windows 10 Pro latest version, (2) concurrent instances of WSJT-X, one rig specific for the IC-7300 and one rig specific for the IC-9700.  I also run multiple instances of Win4Icom and a single instance of my logger (LOGic v10).  Win4Icom and my logger all function as they should and control the rig(s) without any issues.  Note that the IC-7300 also swaps the VFO’s but 99% of the time swaps back to A.  The 9700 is always on VFO A, when WSJT-X launches it always swaps VFO A to B, the other oddity is that if VFO A is on say 144.174 (USB-D, Filter 1) and VFO B is on 144.200 (USB, Filter 2), the VFO swaps from A to B but the frequency will remain on the original VFO A frequency.  So if VFO A was on 144.174 and B was on 144.200, after WSJT-X swaps VFO A to B the frequency displayed is 144.174, not the VFO B frequency.

Yikes !!

Any help appreciated,

Brad, K8ZM