Re: MAP65 Installation #map65

Bill Somerville

Hi Ian,

the "Decode" button should turn cyan for a second or more at around seconds 51 and 57 of the minute (depends on the modes selected). The correct timing of the decoder activity also depends on the correct sample rates being selected, are you you using the default 96000 rate, and does that match the rate that Linrad is sending I/Q data at? Do you have the MAP65 Xpol setting set correctly for your system?

On 14/10/2021 11:47, Ian Morrison wrote:
Hi Bill

I have not yet seen a MAP65 operating normally. What time does the decode light normally blink?
Does the decode light blink even if a decode is not likely? Is the decoder solely time initiated?
Any bit of information will give me a direction to snoop.

73
Ian

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 3:22 AM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
Hi Ian,

yes that may be a clue, but I have no idea what is happening. Perhaps a conversation with one of the other EME ops using Linrad as a source for MAP65 may help discover what is different about your system.

On 13/10/2021 23:36, Ian Morrison wrote:
Hi Bill
The timing is curious isn't it?
Always starts receiving at the zero second of the minute and stops at seven seconds.

73
Ian

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 2:40 PM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 13/10/2021 22:30, Ian Morrison wrote:
> Hi Bill
> I moved the UDP port in Linrad back to 50004 instead of taking Linrads
> assignment and get the same result.
> also did a restart same result. This windows 10 PC is brand new and
> has no other software loaded but Windows 10, Linrad and WSJT-X with
> MAP65 3.0.
> Used netstat -ab to check who is using what ports and found Edge may
> be using 50024.
> The end of the 7 seconds shows a decode light but the rx stays off
> until the next minute zero.
>
> 73 Ian

Hi Ian,

I doubt Edge is using UDP on any port so that is not an issue, TCP and
UDP are separate.

The only requirement on port numbers is that whatever you set in the
MAP65 settings for the port to listen on (default is 50004) must be the
same port you have Linrad sending on. Whichever port being used will
have to be opened on the Windows machine firewall for incoming UDP
traffic to MAP65.

Ephemeral ports are granted to processes on some internal basis by the
operating system, a restart should always sort out any issues where the
o/s has granted a port you want to use to another process.

So I am not sure what is happening. Other MAP65 users are able to use
Linrad to feed I/Q data to MAP65 so it would appear to be something
specific to your machine.