Re: MAP65 Installation #map65

Ian Morrison

Hi Bill
The timing is curious isn't it?
Always starts receiving at the zero second of the minute and stops at seven seconds.

73
Ian

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 2:40 PM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 13/10/2021 22:30, Ian Morrison wrote:
> Hi Bill
> I moved the UDP port in Linrad back to 50004 instead of taking Linrads
> assignment and get the same result.
> also did a restart same result. This windows 10 PC is brand new and
> has no other software loaded but Windows 10, Linrad and WSJT-X with
> MAP65 3.0.
> Used netstat -ab to check who is using what ports and found Edge may
> be using 50024.
> The end of the 7 seconds shows a decode light but the rx stays off
> until the next minute zero.
>
> 73 Ian

Hi Ian,

I doubt Edge is using UDP on any port so that is not an issue, TCP and
UDP are separate.

The only requirement on port numbers is that whatever you set in the
MAP65 settings for the port to listen on (default is 50004) must be the
same port you have Linrad sending on. Whichever port being used will
have to be opened on the Windows machine firewall for incoming UDP
traffic to MAP65.

Ephemeral ports are granted to processes on some internal basis by the
operating system, a restart should always sort out any issues where the
o/s has granted a port you want to use to another process.

So I am not sure what is happening. Other MAP65 users are able to use
Linrad to feed I/Q data to MAP65 so it would appear to be something
specific to your machine.