locked Re: #WSJTX_config Transmit Sound Issue / FTdx101 #WSJTX_config #linux #Yaesu

Keith

Correct, Bill.  So, what do you suggest that will correctly configure the xmit audio?  I actually was trying to keep it simple by not going thru all the other options, which I've tried; i.e., an apples-to-apples configuration comparison.  Problem is that this was working fine a few weeks ago.

So, the real question is:"How is WSJT-X V2.5.0 handling audio differently than two other (similar) applications that successfully transmit audio (where WSJT-X does not)?"

73
Keith/KI5US

On 10/13/21 6:15 AM, Bill Somerville wrote:
On 13/10/2021 01:29, Keith wrote:
So, WSJTX has been just fine until just recently.  The current version receives fine, decodes incoming signals fine. First time launch, the CQ transmits fine.  Any subsequent transmission keys the rig with no transmit audio. FLDIGI and QSSTV work perfectly. Audio is set (same as FLDIGI & QSSTV) to 'default'.  Versions 2.4.0 and 2.5.0 on Ubuntu 20.04.

Suggestions?

Thanks & 73!

KI5US

OM,

you should not be using "Default" audio devices as that is where system sounds and output from other applications with no soundcard selection will go.