locked Re: Working split

Bob McGraw - K4TAX <rmcgraw@...>

When working stations calling CQ I work them on their frequency and then move on to the next station calling CQ on their frequency.  I never take over a frequency.   When I call CQ I try to pick a frequency not being used or one where I see no decodes.  Therefore I working only those stations calling CQ and not calling CQ myself.

Seems that many ops have different operating schemes, some good, some not so good.  With me not being a contest operator, nor a DX chaser, I'm rarely into the fray of battle on the bands, unlike many others.

I choose to use decode CQ ONLY and just work those on their frequency.  I see no harm in doing this and consider it to be a good neighbor policy as to band usage.

Be critical of my operating as you wish.  But as the song goes "that's my story and I'm sticking to it"

73
Bob, K4TAX