locked Re: WSJT-X feature request : filter field #EnhancementReqest

William Smith

You can already do something like that yourself with grep or equivalent in a command prompt. I use python programs for parsing ALL.TXT but that might be overkill for the feature you are looking for.

73, Willie N1JBJ

On Oct 8, 2021, at 3:36 PM, Jeff | VA2SS via groups.io <jeff@...> wrote:

Hi, I am new to the group.

I would like to share with the group a feature request.

I am looking for a function, that would be a text filed, to «filter» for a specific callsign, that may be partial or complete callsign for both the receiving or transmitting stations. I joined this group especially to ask for this feature, because I regulary hunt POTA activators calling using FT8. So my goal when doing FT8 or any mode at that time it is to contact THIS station. And because many hams are trying at the same time... things become very difficult to follow... I cannot only rely only by waiting when the station will eventually call CQ. I need to follow the entire conversation and to know when the hunted station is listening or transmitting.

So by having a «filter» option, I would be able to follow only this specific communication thread. Like I said.... filter could be for partial or complete callsign, does not matter.

But it will indeed make my life more easier, especially when the band is really crowed and every cycle contains to much transmission to fit inside a single window... HiHiiiiii!!! 😝😜🎉 .

I am running a Mac M1 Mabook Air, and I do not want to add other software into the equation. IMHO, A filter option would be easy to implement.

Thanks for reading my message.

73 de Jeff | VA2SS