locked Re: VFO B Shifts From 7074 to 7073 On Transmit When Using Split On Yaesu FT-991A? #Cat_RigControl

Michael Black

To be a little more descriptive....

In order to avoid harmonics and bandwidth limitations Rig Split and Fake It both adjust the transmit frequency so that your audio is maintained in the 1500-2000Hz range in 500Hz segments.
One major advantage is when you see somebody calling above 2500 offset you can go up there with them even if your transmit bandwidth is less than 2500Hz as your audio will still be 1500-2000Hz -- well within your bandpass.

So as you go below 1500 offset your transmit frequency will go down 500Hz so that your audio is still 1500Hz above the suppressed carrier frequency.  Above 1999 frequency will go up.

Example:
14074000 with offset of 1500
14073500 with offset of 1000
14073000 with offset of 500
14072500 with offset < 500
14074500 with offset of 2000
14075000 with offset of 2500

Mike W9MDB

On Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 06:37:19 PM CDT, Sam Birnbaum via groups.io <w2jdb@...> wrote:

Hi  Cliff,

That is normal operation when using split = rig. It is shifting the frequency so
that your TX audio is in the middle of the band pass.

FYI, you do not have to press the "VFOA=VFOB" The program will do that for you.

73,

Sam W2JDB