locked Re: Rig forced to VFO A by WSJT-X #Windows 10 #WSJTX_config #Cat_RigControl #Windows10

Gary - AG0N

On Oct 4, 2021, at 15:02, Bob McGraw - K4TAX <rmcgraw@...> wrote:

So what is so important about VFO B? Doesn't VFO A have the same capability? If so, then that which is so important on VFO A can be done on VFO B. Just let the software do its job and learn to use it as designed.
One of the reasons I don’t run rig-split, is because I use VFO-B for other things, and casual operation on VFO-A. Fake it, keeps it this way and I never have to question what is going on with the VFOs.

I could be wrong, but I believe it was DESIGNED to work with both VFOs, but a change was made to, at least temporarily, get around the problem by always using VFO-A as “master”. If i’m wrong about that, fine, but that’s how I thought it was. As I said, it isn’t a problem for me because I don’t use rig-split.

Gary - AG0N