locked Re: QSO sequence #QSO_practices

Robert Lorenzini

Charlie here is the US a call sign is no longer a indicator of location.

Bob - wd6dod

On 10/1/2021 8:54 AM, chas cartmel wrote:

Sorry, but I don’t care, my request stands in that I want a way to ignore responses which are not of the standard format and do not include a grid square.

It’s called choice, they choose not to send a grid square so I choose to ignore them.

As a further point why bother with a grid square in the CQ. If so many now think it’s not a requirement then why not do away with it in the standard exchange for the CQ message. I’m sure the space taken up by encoding this could be used elsewhere?

Personally I like it, it’s useful, which is why I want to keep it. If a TX1 does not contain a gridsquare then fine (to a point) it will NOT however contain the report which triggers the sequence from the wrong point which is what I am wanting to avoid.

73 Charlie

G4EST

www.g4est.me.uk

Stay safe out there