From: chas cartmel
Sent: 01 October 2021 16:34
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] QSO sequence #QSO_practices

Bill

No I'm not, you are talking semantics here. I am referring to the sequence messaging and as it's a prescribed order it is in itself a protocol, albeit not a data one.

It is I and others it seems who want to ignore calls responding to a CQ without a grid square so would like to have the choice to ignore them.

You seem to be defending the disabling of TX1 and misreading or even disregarding the viewpoint of others. This is a simple request so that operators can have the choice to disregard those responders who don't use TX1 as in the recommended sequence in the manual section 7.1.

If this stops me from working those with non-standard calls then that is down to my choice and I must live with the consequences. It doesn't stop operators from doing exactly what they are doing now, it is simply to stop my auto sequence from being triggered what I consider invalid.

73 Charlie

G4EST

www.g4est.me.uk

Stay safe out there