locked Re: QSO sequence #QSO_practices

Bill Somerville

On 01/10/2021 14:42, Ralf Schlatterbeck wrote:
Cool.
I'd set the 590000 to 0 or 1 if possible to at least reduce the
confusion a bit .-)

But a mechanism to update the first call <G4WJS> in your example with
the qso partner of the last call automagically would be very nice!
I'll try how fast I can do this during a QSO, maybe even with my regular
call...
Or I'll update my UDP-Protocol coloring program to do it for me...

And if this works, maybe it could be institutionalized (= documented)
for stations where location info really matters (e.g. /mm)?
<snipped part answered separately>
73 de Ralf OE3RSU
Hi Ralf,

you can't send 0 or 1 for the report & serial word, it's not that flexible. The report part must be one of 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59.

A token in "macro" messages to substitute the current DX Call field value would be useful, I'll have a look at implementing that.