locked Re: QSO sequence #QSO_practices

Ralf Schlatterbeck

On Fri, Oct 01, 2021 at 11:06:35AM +0100, Bill Somerville wrote:
Tom,

it seems to me that you thanked me for my comments then completely ignored
what I stated! A couple of points to clarify what I stated:

1) non-standard calls cannot send Tx6 or Tx2 messages containing a grid
square - the protocol has no room for that information.
Sorry for chiming into the middle of this, but wouldn't it be possible
for the non-standard call to send an EU-VHF message (i3=5) with two
hashes for the callsigns and a locator with length 6 (and probably
sequence number s11=0)? That would be especially interesting for /MM
stations etc.
To my knowledge the current sequencing would not allow to send this, but
would it constitute a protocol violation? E.g. when sent at the end of
the call?

Especially in Europe, where operating under your own callsign with the
country prefix (I've worked e.g. as DL/OE3RSU and 9A/OE3RSU) is very
common it would also be nice to occasionally (not in every QSO) send
your own locator to let people know where in the country you're
operating.

Ralf OE3RSU
--
Dr. Ralf Schlatterbeck Tel: +43/2243/26465-16
Open Source Consulting www: www.runtux.com