locked Re: QSO sequence #QSO_practices

Jim Brown

On 9/30/2021 9:31 AM, Jeff Townsend wrote:
And if the person is operating from somewhere other than home the grid becomes a lot more important.
When 6M opens to JA, virtually all JA stations call with signal report, so that more QSOs can be made during the opening. I learn their grid from LOTW. At first, many omitted their grid from LOTW, but after a few seasons, nearly all include it.

There's been a Russian operating /MM in the Pacific CQing with no grid. I've worked him several times in pursuit of rare CQ Fields, and his grid is in LOTW a few days later.

73, Jim K9YC