locked Re: QSO sequence #QSO_practices

Jeff Townsend

And if the person is operating from somewhere other than home the grid becomes a lot more important.

On Sep 30, 2021, at 10:10 AM, chas cartmel <chas@...> wrote:

I agree, the sender does not know if the ‘CQer’ collects squares so leaving this data out could be an issue. Bad practice in my opinion anyway.
I log the data anyway as you never know if the ‘collecting squares’ bug might bite so can get off to a flying start.

73 Charlie
G4EST
Stay safe out there

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Melvin
Sent: 30 September 2021 14:26
To: main@wsjtx.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] QSO sequence #QSO_practices

Afternoon

Personally hate the idea - mind you I do collect squares - the supplied ‘procedure’ works well and for the sake of a period is it worth it.

Tom
GM8MJV

On 30 Sep 2021, at 10:46, chas cartmel <chas@...> wrote:

<image001.gif>
Not sure if this is a new trend but lately I am having CQs replied to with a report as the first data sent rather than a locator.
Not a big deal here as I do not collect squares, but still ‘off process’. It does speed things up though J

Thoughts?

73 Charlie
G4EST
Stay safe out there